Open Position: Maternity Leave Substitute Teacher - MS Design for Grades 6-8 and LS Visual Arts for Grades 1-5
Approximate dates: November 18, 2019 to April 20, 2020
MS Design: Teach three classes of middle school Design using an inquiry-based approach. The curriculum is focused on the design thinking process and involves hands-on as well as digital approaches to the design curriculum.
LS Visual Arts: Teach visual arts for students in Grades 1-5 using an inquiry-based approach. Students will use the creative processes and the language of art to communicate through a variety of media and techniques, understand how art has shaped and preserved history and culture, and critically analyze, derive meaning from, and evaluate artwork.
The position includes a duty rotation of seven duties over a ten-day rotation, after school meetings as required, and participation in the After School Activities program one day a week after school.
If you are interested in this position, please send your Curriculum Vitae, in English, to email@example.com
Open Position: Facility Manager (m/f)
- Plans, directs and, through subordinates and external companies, supervises facility management services including building and facility operating systems maintenance, repair and improvement, custodial services and security operations; reviews and evaluates current operating procedures and personnel practices and establishes procedures, practice and priorities in keeping with effective operations and cost factors; coordinates building and maintenance activities within the division and with other divisions and departments to obtain optimum school’s function and utilization of personnel and equipment.
- Recommends operating methods and equipment to maximize cost savings, service quality and safety.
- Establishes and enforces operating and safety standards and procedures for maintenance services and repair in line with the goals and objectives of the School Board and relevant local legal regulations; gives direction, resolves problems, prepares work schedules and sets deadlines to ensure completion of services
- Supervises, trains, and evaluates staff directly and through subordinate supervisors/lead workers
- Procurement of instructional supplies, materials and equipment for the school operation in line with sound business practices and School Board policies.
- Administer all contracts for the school with outside vendors, contractors, leasing arrangements
- Involved in the day to day activities which ensure all educational activities run smoothly
- Follow and implement all school policies and procedures as outlined in the School Board Policy Manual, the Business Office Procedures Manual and the Faculty Handbook.
- Other duties as assigned by the Business and Operations manager
- University degree at relevant technical university, preferably Machine engineer
- At least five years of facilities maintenance and operations experience that included some project/program budget preparation and monitoring
- Engineering experience with plants and machines preferably in a service industry (i.e. hotel, hospital…)
- Knowledge of technology and computer applications for Smart Building Systems and A+ energy rating building
- Ability to plan, organize and manage building operational services
- Flexible person with “can do” attitude
- Team player
- Microsoft Office
- Verbal and written communication skills in English and Croatian
- Valid Driver’s License (B)
If you are interested in this position, please send your Curriculum Vitae in English by 22 September 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org