School Medical Officer
Dr. med. Romana Chevrier-Rados
If you haven't provided the school with your child(ren)'s health history, please complete the Health History section of the new AISZ Application Form (section S) for your child(ren) and submit it to the medical office. This form provides our school medical officer with important information regarding your child(ren)s health.
Our school medical officer also assists students, parents and staff in obtaining health care in Croatia.
AISZ has a 'nut-free' policy
We are aware that some people can have a very strong allergic reaction to nuts, sometimes even just by touching them. As the safety of our students is our first priority, all meals in our cafeteria are nut-free, and students are encouraged to only bring nut-free snacks into school, even if nobody in their classroom has a nut allergy.
SK, 1,3,5,7,9,11 grade
SK, grades 2,4,6
5th grade (girls only), 6th, 7th, 8th grade
Body Mass Index (BMI)
High school only
It is recommended that your child has received the following before starting school.
- 4 doses of Diphtheria/Tetanus/Pertussis (DTP)
- 3 doses of Polio
- 1 dose of MMR (Measles. Mumps, Rubella)
Grade 1-12 grade recommendations
- DTP and Polio series completed
- Booster Tdap (Td)
- MMR series completed
Highly recommended for all students
- Tuberculin Test (Mantoux or PPD)
- Hepatitis B series
When your child is ill
When should you keep your child home from school?
It is recommended that you keep your child home from school when he/she has any of the following symptoms:
- Fever 37.8 C (100 F) or greater
- Fever within the last 24 hours
- Frequent and/or severe coughing
- A bad cold
- Loose and/or watery bowel movements (diarrhea)
- Head lice
- Drainage from ears or eyes
- Unidentified rash
When can your child return to school after an illness?
Your child may return to school when:
- Temperature is normal for past 24 hours without taking fever reducing medication
- Feels well enough to be in school for the full day and to go outside for recess
- No vomiting and/or loose stools for at least a day
- After head lice treatment