On Thursday, March 9th, we had 6 teams from Grades 3-5 competing in our annual Battle of the Books competition.The students have worked hard in order to be ready for the competition; each team of students read the 10 books from the given list, as well as composed and submitted questions to Mrs. Grubac for the competition.
The teams were:
1. The Book Lovers (Lara Pichler, Luka Nisandzic, Anja Sprljan Marija, Jack Rowe)
2. The Reading Strawberries (Bundy Milusheva, Eunchae Lee, Mia Schwoebel, Vedha Nagpal)
3. The Four Bookateers (Roman Rousek, Bruno Lovric, Oliver Jonathan Horvath, Elias Haber )
4. Red Falcons (Ivan Mezhibovskiy, Andrea Zanetto, Nadija Mezhibovskaya, Hayun Che)
5. The Cotton Candy’s (Luna Maravic, Holly Armstrong, Ema Sprljan, Nelly Tewes)
6. Reading Monsters (Marko Boc, Rihaal Zaidi, Tomas Carderas, Siena Gancev)
*Names in bold are team captains.
Each team played in the double elimination style tournament and Red Falcons and Book Lovers played in the finals. Congratulations to all of our participants and to our winning team - Red Falcons (Ivan Mezhibovskiy, Andrea Zanetto, Nadija Mezhibovskaya, Hayun Che).