The American International School of Zagreb recognizes that its students have varied backgrounds, interests, and individual learning differences.
We believe that a quality educational program provides challenges for all students and support for students with special learning needs. To that end, Learning Support is designed to increase the academic and emotional success of all students.
As the Student Support Services Team (SST), we collaborate with other specialists and classroom teachers to assess and design educational support for students who are having learning difficulties.
At AISZ, we are able to support students with mild and moderate learning difficulties by providing:
- Pull out services in a small setting
- In class support
- Curricular accommodations and/or modifications
- Instruction in study skills
- Teacher and parent consultation
- Cooperation with external specialists
- Accommodation for standardised testing
- Self-advocacy and self-awareness training